Browse » Home
Sunday, July 14, 2013
How to Fix ActiveX for Free
1. Click the 'Start' button in the lower-left corner of your desktop and click on 'Control Panel.'
2. Select 'Add/Remove Programs' or 'Uninstall a Program.' This will open a new window that shows all of the programs installed on your computer.
3. Select any programs that have 'ActiveX' in the name and click on 'Uninstall.' Your computer will remove the program. You need to uninstall and reinstall all instances of ActiveX to be sure that you have fixed the problem.
4. Head to the website that was giving you the error message regarding ActiveX. You will be prompted to install ActiveX in order to view the website.
5. Install ActiveX by clicking on the prompt. You'll need to restart your computer, but after that, ActiveX will be installed to the latest version and should be error free.