Browse » Home
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
How to Install Framedyn Dll
1. Launch your Web browser and navigate to a page that allows you to download a free version of framedyn.dll. There are several such pages, but you can find a link to a prominent and reliable download location in the Resources section below.
2. Click the download link and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the download. If presented with a choice between opening the file or saving it, click the 'Save File' button.
3. Double click the downloaded file to open it in the program your computer uses to read .zip files. When the unzipping utility opens, command it to extract the file to your desktop. There is usually an 'Extract' or 'Unzip' button on the interface; click this button, then select the desktop as the destination for the file. When you do this, framedyn.dll should appear on your desktop.
4. Double click the 'My Computer' icon so you can browse the file system, then navigate to the Windows system folder. The specific name and path for this folder depends on which version of Windows you're using. Windows XP and Vista users with 32-bit systems should navigate to 'C:\Windows\System32,' while those users with 64-bit systems should navigate to 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64' instead. Users with Windows NT and 2000 should browse to 'C:\WINNT\System32' and those using Windows 95, 98 or ME should find 'C:\Windows\System.'
5. Drag the framedyn.dll file that you extracted to the desktop into the system folder. If a corrupted version of this file already exists in the folder, you might receive a message asking if you want to replace the old version with the new one. Click 'Yes' if you see this message.
6. Reboot your computer. The new framedyn.dll will not be accessible by the processes that need it until you restart.