Friday, February 11, 2011

How to Replace an Infected .dll File


1. Right-click on the icon of your source media. Click on 'Search.'
2. Search for the compressed file you will use to replace your existing file. The name is in the format name.ex_ (for example if my.dll is to be replaced, you will search for my.dl__). Make sure that system and hidden files are checked in the search dialog box.
3. Open a command prompt window.
4. Using the path to the file you need to replace and the information from the search in step 2, type the following command:EXPAND path\my.dl_ path\my.dllFor example, if my.dll is in the windows/system32 directory on the C: drive and my.dl_ was found in the i386 directory of the E: drive, your command would be as follows:EXPAND E:\i386\my.dl_ C:\windows\system32\my.dll