Browse » Home
Monday, April 23, 2012
How Can I Download Steam if It Says Error 1723?
Update Windows Installer
1. Click 'Start' and type 'Update' in the search bar. Click 'Windows Update' from the list of results.
2. Click 'Check for Updates' from the list of links on the left side of the page. Windows will find all updates available for your computer, including updates to the Windows Installer. Click 'Install Updates' to install all of the important updates.
3. Restart your computer when the updates are finished installing.
4. Locate the 'SteamInstall.msi' file you were unable to install. Select the file, hold 'Shift' and press 'Delete.' Click 'Yes' to permanently delete the file from your computer.
5. Launch your Web browser and visit the Seam Website.
6. Click 'Install Steam' from the top right corner of the page to download the MSI file once again. Save the file to your desktop when prompted.
7. Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation. After agreeing to the terms of service, select the speed of your Internet connection from the list provided. Select your language preference and click 'Install' to install the application.